Providence Health & Services Certified Nursing Assistant - Orthopedics in Spokane, Washington
Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (0.9 FTE, Day Shift) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Document legibly and accurately on the correct nursing forms.
• Perform ongoing observation of the patient’s condition and reports any changes or abnormal findings promptly to the RN.
• Monitor pain, provides comfort measures, and reports abnormal findings promptly to the RN.
• Consider age, developmental level, body size and preexisting conditions when performing basic activity of daily living care to assigned patients.
• Maintain a safe patient and staff environment. (i.e. Correct body mechanics or use of adaptive equipment when transferring patients, ensures drainage tubes are secure/intact).
• Monitor the patient in restraints for specified criteria and at specified time intervals and documents correctly on the restraint form.
• Provide specified nourishment to the correct patient and promptly notifies the RN of any changes or abnormal findings.
• Follow manufacturer’s instructions when using selected equipment, taking into account the patient’s size, preexisting conditions, and age. (i.e. BP cuffs, use of transfer belt).
• Use age appropriate communication techniques with patients and visitors.
• Completes assignments delegated by RN within specified time frames.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensure
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
Communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, to enable effective interaction with co-workers, patients, visitors and PSHMC employees.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children’s Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they’ll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 244525