Providence Health & Services Food Services Ambassador in Spokane, Washington
Providence is calling a Food Services Ambassador (Food and Nutrition Services , Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Customer Service: Maintains and promotes positive, open and honest interpersonal relationships with customers (physicians, employees, visitors, patients, and other SHMC publics). Provides high quality service to all customers; focuses on understanding customers’ needs and follows through. Demonstrates respect for the capabilities, different cultures and or personalities of co-workers and Medical Center publics within the mission/values of SHMC.
• Communication: Promotes and demonstrates effective, open and honest written and verbal communication skills.
• Self Management: Demonstrates self-management behaviors which reflect a positive image of SHMC, following established policies and procedures and promote an efficient, cost effective work environment.
• Ownership /Stewardship and Accountability: Demonstrates good stewardship of resources by treating property of customers, Sacred Heart Medical Center and co-workers with care and respect.
• Teamwork: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of staff and other disciplines for problem solving without blaming.
• Flexibility: Demonstrates flexibility by readily adapting to different situations to complete work.
• Makes good use of low activity time periods by taking on additional tasks and assisting co-workers.
• Completes all work on schedule to assure compliance with meal service and delivery schedules by entire department, without interference in the quality of work.
• Can assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose appropriate course of action within the scope of the position.
• Use proper hand hygiene techniques, gelling in and out of patient room, etc. Follows procedure by wearing gloves when handling any food item and removes gloves before handling any non-food item. Follows proper Body Substance Isolation procedures.
• Follows department and work area policies and procedures for safe handling of patient’s food.
• Practices infection control for the protection of patients and self.
• Follows department rules regarding designated eating areas. Refrains from eating any hospital food unless it is paid for and/or provided by SHMC for a specific event.
• Assists in the orientation and training of new staff as assigned.
• Uses established training checklist as a guide for training new employees.
• PATIENT MENU SELECTION AND PROCESSING:
• Use two patient identifiers when working with patient on menu selection.
• Uses basic knowledge of therapeutic nutrition in performing job responsibilities.
• Accurately enters patient related data into computer according to established guidelines and standards.
• Clarifies diet/nourishment related questions through appropriate clinical staff.
• Understands and can apply knowledge of diet office software system.
• Uses available reference material to assure accurate patient data entry.
• Understands interface between clinical staff and ambassador position and effectively uses that knowledge, if needed.
• Understands Floor Stock Procedures and stock floor as assigned.
• MEAL PROCESSING SYSTEM:
• Ensure proper procedure completed when entering patient meal selection.
• Work directly with Dietetic Technician and Dietitian to ensure prescribed diet compliance
• GENERAL OFFICE SKILLS:
• Remains organized and proceeds with work assignments with little supervision.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE:
• Deliver trays and answers patient, family members and staff questions using appropriate scripting.
• Uses knowledge of therapeutic nutrition to guide patients and staff toward food items consistent with prescribed diet.
• Greets and offers assistance to patient, families and staff as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
High School diploma, General Equivalency Degree (GED)
1 year of Experience in a food service operation
Current Food Handlers Card in Washington State
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
2 years of Progressive experience in a large scale food service operation or hospital
Customer service experience
Working knowledge of special diets
Previous office experience
Keyboarding and 10-key skills
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they’ll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service Attendant
Req ID: 240028