Providence Health & Services Respiratory Therapy Student in Spokane, Washington
Providence is calling a Respiratory Therapy Student (Respiratory Therapy, Variable Shift, 0.33 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Children’s Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
• Under supervision of a licensed practitioner, and in accordance with established policies and procedures:
• Perform patient assessments.
• Inspect, test, maintain and operate respiratory care equipment.
• Plan, prepare and deliver respiratory care treatments including bronchial hygiene therapy, lung volume expansion therapy, aerosolized medication therapy and oxygen therapy.
• Perform Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) analysis, completing documentation and reporting results.
• Respond to “Code Blue” and “Rapid Response” calls, assists in maintaining an airway and performing Basic Life Support (BLS).
• Document accurately, promptly and appropriately according to hospital policy. Utilizes hospital electronic medical record systems as trained.
• Protect patient and employee confidentiality by promoting professional staff communications. Maintain full knowledge of policy and practices related to confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
• Willing accept projects and work assignments as assigned. Performs other duties as assigned, under the direct supervision of the RT and within scope of training / education.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Must be enrolled in and in active good standing in a Bachelor of Applied Science Respiratory Care Training Program. - Successful completion of Sophomore year and summer term RT Clinical II - Hold an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) training .
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children’s Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they’ll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Student/Interns
Req ID: 322507